Glen Eira City Council values individual's privacy and is committed to the protection of any personal information that may be collected (online and offline) and held at Council.
To fulfil this commitment Council will:
- collect personal information only with a person's knowledge and consent;
- use the personal information provided for the purposes for which it was initially collected; and
- ensure personal information is protected from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, and unlawful or accidental destruction or loss.
To ensure this level of protection, Council has implemented information systems and security policies and procedures to ensure the protection of all personal information held by Council.
Council will not:
- disclose personal information to a third party (including state bodies and authorities) unless a requirement exists under applicable Federal or State legislation or with prior consent; or
- keep personal information on Council's systems for longer than is required.
In regard to its website, Council does not:
- have access to credit card details used to make online payments (all online payments are handled by DEFT which is an external site and not managed or maintained by Council); or
- take responsibility for the privacy of all external links from Council's website (Council recommends users read the privacy statement of the linked website).
Council may use the following automatically recorded information — server address, domain name, date and time of visit, pages accessed and documents downloaded, previous site visited (if visitiors have come to our website via an external link), and type of browser being used.
Council’s website does not have the facility to allow information to be transmitted securely. Users should be aware of the potential risks of sending information over the Internet.
Submissions are not confidential and will be incorporated in full (including all personal information) into the agenda and minutes of the Council Meeting at which they are considered, will be available on Council’s website as part of the relevant agenda and minutes of meeting and will be made available for public inspection in accordance with all applicable statutory requirements including, without limitation, those prescribed by the Local Government Act 1989.
For more information about privacy at Glen Eira City Council, including the right to seek access to any information collected, contact Council’s privacy officer on 9524 3422.