Why choose GESAC
GESAC has some of the premier aquatic facilities in Melbourne. Each pool has been designed with a specific purpose in mind, which means there is something for all ages and abilities to enjoy. Aquatic facilities can be a potentially dangerous environment so safety is something that is paramount at our facility. GESAC has developed a strong partnership with Life Saving Victoria (LSV) , the aquatic industry state governing body to make GESAC a safe environment so that members and guests can enjoy their aquatic experiences. As part of this partnership, LSV will conduct an annual Aquatic Facility Safety Assessment Audit and GESAC will be assessed against best practice standards that are set out for the industry.
This audit reviews GESAC in the following areas of GESAC operations:
- facility design;
- technical operation;
- first aid;
- programming; and
To assist with safety, GESAC strictly enforces the national Watch Around Water supervision policies as follows:
Children under five years old
- Children under five years of age must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian.
- Adequate supervision requires the parent/guardian to accompany the child in the water and remain within arm's reach of the child at all times.
Children under 10 years old
- Children under 10 years old will not be admitted without an appropriate parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must be 16 years and over and adhere to all conditions of entry.
- Children under 10 years old must be actively supervised by a parent/guardian while in the aquatic area of the Centre.
- The parent/guardian must position themself to have a clear view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child.
Children 10 years and older
- For children 10 years and older, parents must use their knowledge of the child's swimming ability to determine the level of accompaniment required.
- Parent/guardians are not required to be present in the Centre.
For the health and safety of all guests, we ask that parents and guardians support GESAC in following these policies. Those who do not will be asked to exit the pool.